
I had a really cool experience today involving my chinese friends. These are they....don't mind the fact that I look kinda stoned in this pic...it WAS Natalie's 21st birthday. ;-) This is us back in the day (I think we had just given ourselves pret
ty, pretty makeovers). Speaking of makeovers, that reminds me of a sweet episode of The Office when Phyllis takes Karen to get a makeover. Ha. Good times.
Ok, back to the story. Natalie and I took Ye Zheng and Qi Pang to church today. It was amazing. They have absolutely zero religion in China, and Qi asked me who God was. I have never had to answer such basic questions before because usually people have at least heard of God or some kind of supreme being. I tried to answer their questions as best I could...the language barrier does make it hard sometimes. I'm just excited that they came. This is a start. We also talked to the sister missionaries that were visiting my ward today. They know some people that speak Chinese and we're going to set something up. The girls are also excited that Natalie and I are giving them our favorite books written in Chinese (yes, the BOM). I think they're mainly excited because it's gift from us. But anything is a start, right? I love these girls. They're so cute.
Change of subject: What would the world be like with no music? I love to just play my guitar while no one is around and sing super loud. I did that today. I played some songs I haven't played in a long time such as: the "julianne" song, Nickle Creek's "Lighthouse," and my new fav... Brandi Carlile "the story." Can I just say, "Why Should the Fire Die?" is one of the most amazing songs (another Nickle Creek). I heart it. So is Johnny Cash's "Mercy Seat." I'm just in a music mood and it makes me REALLY miss all my guy friends that I used to play guitar with and jam out with (ok, mainly Dan. and Jake). I miss that super bad. I need to find some guys in Logan that will jam with me here.
My posts have such a way of rambling onto weird tangents. Bleh. I was going to TRY and get to bed by ten tonight. 7:30 am classes are the devil. Oh, last tangent. I'm becoming more and more obsessed with Beirut. Listen to them and they'll change your world!
I'm out. Stay gold, ponyboy.
ty, pretty makeovers). Speaking of makeovers, that reminds me of a sweet episode of The Office when Phyllis takes Karen to get a makeover. Ha. Good times.Ok, back to the story. Natalie and I took Ye Zheng and Qi Pang to church today. It was amazing. They have absolutely zero religion in China, and Qi asked me who God was. I have never had to answer such basic questions before because usually people have at least heard of God or some kind of supreme being. I tried to answer their questions as best I could...the language barrier does make it hard sometimes. I'm just excited that they came. This is a start. We also talked to the sister missionaries that were visiting my ward today. They know some people that speak Chinese and we're going to set something up. The girls are also excited that Natalie and I are giving them our favorite books written in Chinese (yes, the BOM). I think they're mainly excited because it's gift from us. But anything is a start, right? I love these girls. They're so cute.
Change of subject: What would the world be like with no music? I love to just play my guitar while no one is around and sing super loud. I did that today. I played some songs I haven't played in a long time such as: the "julianne" song, Nickle Creek's "Lighthouse," and my new fav... Brandi Carlile "the story." Can I just say, "Why Should the Fire Die?" is one of the most amazing songs (another Nickle Creek). I heart it. So is Johnny Cash's "Mercy Seat." I'm just in a music mood and it makes me REALLY miss all my guy friends that I used to play guitar with and jam out with (ok, mainly Dan. and Jake). I miss that super bad. I need to find some guys in Logan that will jam with me here.
My posts have such a way of rambling onto weird tangents. Bleh. I was going to TRY and get to bed by ten tonight. 7:30 am classes are the devil. Oh, last tangent. I'm becoming more and more obsessed with Beirut. Listen to them and they'll change your world!
I'm out. Stay gold, ponyboy.
No comments:
Post a Comment