Monday, September 14, 2009

The time has come

It's been a long time, long time, shouldn'ta left you, left you, well I don't mean to step to, step to, step to, wha?, step to, fricka fricka fricka.

In the words of Aaliyah and Timbaland, I shouldn'ta left you.

For that, I'm sorry.

The month of August was INSANE. Insanely wonderful most of the time. I started it out by attending a sweet rodeo that our combined ward put on. Thanks cowboys.

Next up: trip to Havasupai.
We hiked in all Sunday night. We camped 2 miles from the village because we didn't want to pay for an extra night. We payed for it by massive bites the next morning from camping in a weird spot. Not to mention none of us got a wink of sleep anyway.

We played all day Monday in the wonderful water. Sometimes us gnomes are just so weird. I don't know why we were putting our hands on each others heads...but nonetheless, that's just what happened. Gnomes: me, Riana, Hayley, Mckay, and Nat.

Here's our lovely full group: Hayley, Colin FHE, Riana, Dale, me, Jo, Natalie, Rhodes, Mckay. Good times.


More gnomes enjoying the beautiful crystal-clear water.

I love not ever wearing make-up in the summer.
We packed our days full and got pretty tuckered out.
Other Havasu highlights:
Dale's delicious surprise snack
Natalie and Hayley trying to "spider-style" off the rope swing. After many failed attempts, they actually got it.
Me, Mckay, and Colin getting lost.
And finally, finishing the dang hike outta there early Wednesday morning. I believe we finally left around 9 or so after waking up at 3 am to hike.
I honestly never thought I would make it back out alive.
Luckily, our car sort of broke down in Vegas and we got to ride with the heater on full blast. Don't worry, Hayley doused us frequently with her excess water stores. We were so tuckered out that the only way to enjoy the rest of the ride home was to spoon. Ah yes.
We made back to Hurricane for some good food and cool showers.

The middle part of August consisted of one of my best friends getting home from a mish. Here's a shout-out for Danaman. YOU'RE HOME. Too bad you have to live in Provo, sucka'.

My other two best friends got married in the same week. Lots of traveling for me, but it was worth it. Heather and Sara, you were both beautiful brides.

Back up to Logan to begin school. Don't ask about this picture.
Welcome week is always great. Foam dance was wonderful. Too bad I stand like a Gifford (we all stand like retards, sigh).

No comments: