First off, I will probably be going "private" in the next few weeks. I know, I know, annoying. I hate it when my favorite blogs go private (not saying that mine is your favorite blog, but still). It means I have to admit to the blogger that I even read their blog in the first place. Admitting is the first step. Because I start my new job at the high school on Tuesday, I feel it's time to close up shop. I do NOT want my students stumbling on this blog. So. Please email me at rockstarjuje@gmail.com (don't make fun... I came up with that email when I was 13 or something, and it's too late to go back now). Email me even if I hardly know you. Email me even if you're ashamed that you read my blog because we hardly know each other. Trust me, if you only knew how many blogs I read. In fact, I probably read yours. All I'm saying is, don't let this whole "privacy" issue stop you from your knowing about each and every detail of my life.
Ok, now that we've covered that. I finished decorating/setting up my classroom tonight. I have to give a shout out to Hayley and Nate. Without them, I would NOT be finished right now. They helped for probably 6 hours today. Hayley taught me how to use the Cricut machine and did an awesome job of making headers for my calendars I made on my white boards. I basically put her in charge of all the lettering I needed done... which was kind of a lot. Nate was great for doing some hard labor, fixing some shelves, and being the creative mind behind my bulletin board and my city-scape on my back windows. I knew I wanted something fun for my bulletin board... something pretty general because I didn't really have anything to put up on my bulletin board. Nate said, "I don't know anything more general than "school." So he created a backdrop that looks like a legal pad with the word "school." Love it. Can't get more general than that. I also needed something clever to cover up some crappy paper stuff on my back windows. He came up with the idea of a city scape, and Hayley and Nate made it a reality. Looks great. They were a great team, and it was so nice to give them assignments and completely trust that they'd do an awesome job so I could work on other things. I know I'm raving about them right now, but they seriously saved my butt today! So thanks again, guys! Here are some real crappy pics taken from my cell phone of some some of the results.




P.S. I am now in love with that Cricut thing. I had never used one, but now I want one BAD. Luckily I'll get to use one for my job, but I want my OWN. "I WANT MA' OWN!"
Ok, well I think I'm going to go get in the shower. It's after 1 am, and I have two days worth of school grime on me. I have just washed my sheets and cannot wait to slip inside my bed after my shower. Ah.
Don't worry, I have every intention on blogging again tomorrow. (What??) I just read Nat's blog and sort of got inspired to post some highlight pictures from 2010. It's mostly for my benefit.
Don't forget to give me your email address!
Juje out.

13 comments:
I'm so jealous. I want to help decorate! Juje I'm coming to Logan and I want a full tour of the class room!
oh- and, mckayjoice@gmail.com
I wouldn't want highschoolers on my blog either.
Hey! That is so exciting that you got a teaching job! You'll be so much fun as a teacher. You Giffords seem to be naturals. :) I'll also admit that I'm pretty excited that you'll be up there in a year or so when Justin and I come up so I'll have someone to hang out with... :)
Will you please invite me to read your blog? Pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top?
claire.nuckles@gmail.com
You better already have my email but i'll give it to you for good measure.
rianasmiles@gmail.com
The room looks great! You're gonna be a kick butt teacher.
I absolutely LOVE your classroom! You are such a cool teacher! I definitely don't have hip posters like that! I have brick walls and half the stuff I hang up falls right back down...URG. Your classroom is HUGE. How fun! I want to hear lots more school stories!
p.s. heather.payne@aggiemail.usu.edu
yup...still got that one going for me. If they ever close my account, I am dead!
I'm a blog stalker too. Haha. :)
boyz7_smile@hotmail.com
I'm SO happy for you! You're classroom looks awesome!! and I would love to keep reading your blog!
tmb4313@hotmail.com
Can't wait to see that room live when I come observe this week. I understand about not wanting the punks on your blog-mine will be private for the same reason in no time.
nat.woodbury@gmail.com
Didn't no you had a blog but now I do and so I want to keep reading it! jwahlen@gmail.com! And your room looks fantastic! Good luck you are going to be awesome!
Congrats on the teaching gig juje. I'd love an invite to the upcoming private blog: audri06@gmail.com
Take care!
thewilclan@juno.com Thanks
Wow, Juje, I can hardly believe you'll be teaching on your own. It seems like this all happened so quickly (to those like me far away who only get to see you when you stop by for the holidays).
Aaron out.
almahutchings@yahoo.com :)
Ok ok I admit it. I'm totally one of the ones blog stalking. I would love it if you would include me on your list!
xoxo
mattandcierra@hotmail.com
Post a Comment