I really suck at blogging.
I caught The Bronchitis a while back, and I have felt like a dead dog ever since. My students kept asking me if I should be at school. They also told me I sounded like I was dying. I told them I felt like I was. I figured it was probably time for a sub.
Well, I'm a lot better now, but that does NOT mean I want to go back to school tomorrow. Luckily spring break is just lurking around the corner. Yes!! Hello, Hurricane, UT. I can't wait to visit you!
Meanwhile, I've updated my blog list. I decided that if I felt like I knew people well enough to blog stalk them, then I shouldn't be ashamed of it. So if I read your blog, you've probably got your own link now. Unless I missed someone. Which would be a shame. You can tell me, if that's the case. I'll put up a brand new, sparkly (that SHOULD be a word) link just for you.
I did get to go to Palm Springs a week or so ago for a technology in the classroom conference for work. It was amazing. I left rain and snow and landed in 82 degree weather. My hotel was a king-size suite with a balcony looking over the resort. Ah, bliss. If only I was back there now. I'll show you a few pics that I took with my cell phone.
Side note: I really should get a better phone... I'm too lazy to ever take my camera with me anywhere, so I always end up using my camera phone which really sucks at taking pictures. And yes, I was drooling over the iPhones at that conference gig.

Also, yes, most/all the photos are just of my hotel room. I was just so in heaven that I couldn't resist. And apparently that's what I thought was most important. I tried to sneak a picture of John C. Reilly who was also staying in my hotel. Our valet spilled some gossip about him to me after my first sighting. He also told me that he was chilling at the bar. So what did I do? I slipped into the bar trying to look nonchalant and sat right behind him. It was too dark to get a good picture though. Too bad, because that was my first famous-person-sighting. Here is a picture of him from the world wide web.

Food highlights from Palm Springs: Blue Coyote (yum Mexican cafe where I had a cilantro tortilla fajita quesadilla), Cheesecake Factory (I'd never been. Delicious steak, but I like Costco cheesecake better), and Panera Bread (Oh my!). Yes, I gauge the places I go by the places I eat at. I would kill to go on a food tour of the world. I would make an excellent food critic. Yes, that is my dream job.
Next: I "won" my ward talent show. Sang and played guitar. So I got sent to the next round. Are you ready for this? Stake talent show. Ah yeah. I figured if I won THAT, I'd pretty much be sent to the next level: world domination. Anywho. It went better than I had even hoped for (remember The Bronchitis?). I put on some red lipstick to make me feel like Gwen Stefani. Sorry for the pout in this picture. I originally took it only thinking two people would ever see it: my mom and Janna.
Last item of business I must disclose! I got new running shoes. No, I don't really run, but see I joined Crossfit a while back and am trying to get my A into shape. My old shoes were... OLD. I originally thought I'd just get some new cheap-os to replace them, but the more I tried shoes on, the more I was convinced that I HAD to get THE COMFIEST shoe in America, The World, The Universe. Nike Free Run + (thanks for the recommendation, Nat). They are cute, too, no? I originally wanted the black and grey ones with the bright green Nike sign, but this shoe is extinct and even getting one in my size was quite the ordeal. I'll take the blue.
They feel like I'm wearing clouds.
Well ladies and gents, I'm out. I made a banana fiesta cake w/ cream cheese frosting (mmmm) and I've got visitors coming to test it out. Bye.
Please leave me a comment now so that I feel loved (this is what happens when you've been alone in your house for a while).






9 comments:
I love you! And I forgot that your blog was private, I'm glad you FB'd a reminder. And I want some of those shoes. I saw them at the Nike outlet in Seattle and was like, "Oh, $90? Is that all?" *faint* So I'm saving my pennies, but I'll probably spend them on Insanity before I get new shoes. Since I hate running and all.
If that world food tour ever happens, let me know. I would love to come along! :)
i love the new shoes!! i am going to get me some & i think i'll check out that kind first!!! :)
i want more of that cake asap, i feel gypted because i don't think i could taste is the way it was meant to be tasted.
Sorry you got sick! Being sick and teaching is the WORST. You look super sassy in that pic. I love your short hair! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Those shoes are way comfy huh? I love mine. Even more than my asics. I never thought I would say that! That cake you make is making me hungry. I wish I could have some. It looks delicious...and I know how yummy your cakes are!
I need some fancy new shoes like yours. I always end up with New Balance ones but I never know if they are good or not.
that post was overflowing with wonderful writing. I am so jealous that you got my #1 recommended shoes before I did! I got matt some today for his birthday tomorrow, so now you both have them before me. only one more day until spring break....we can do this.
When you go on your food tour, DEFINITELY go to Penang, Malaysia--some of THE BEST hawker food in the world. Yummy yum yum. And I'm, like, really impressed at how well you pull off purple hair.
Although purple would be fun, my hair is not actually purple at all. That color is the product of my crappy cell phone camera.... Bleh.
Post a Comment