Happy Birthday, Hayley LaCognata. You are double digits. I love that Hayley and I get to be the same age for 5 days.

Remember how I said I had a count down for my students in my classroom? I wasn't kidding. I better at least get an apple out of all of this.
So I'm on some sort of blog roll, eh? I think it's because I have the rest of the school year pretty much planned out and I hate grading, so this is me wasting away my prep hour at work. Don't tell. Yesterday was my ward's end-of-the-semester bash BBQ that I was pseudo-in-charge of. Too bad the wind kicked up, the temperature dropped, and rain started to fall from the sun-masking clouds. Too bad, indeed. The food was still good though.
Today is FRIDAY. My students WILL NEVER stop playing Rebecca Black's "Friday" all day long, every Friday. It drives me crazy. The are very sneaky with their technology.
In other news, I made this skirt that I'm wearing today. Kinda fun. It has a paper-bag waist which is really cute in theory, but not the most flattering of styles. Ah well.

So, the thing about teaching is that I hate it some days. But other days, I love it. Today (and actually the past week or so) I absolutely adore it. My students have been cracking me up, and I of course think I'm pretty funny too. Teaching has been a blast lately, and I love it. I'm sure I'll have awful days ahead where I dread going to work in the morning. That just comes with the territory of teaching angsty teenagers. However, my job and social circles have been threatening to mix as of late, and it is freaking me out! My ward is having an activity next week (which I am also pseudo-in-charge of) inviting all the graduating HS seniors to come join our ward. Barf. My ward boundaries also encompass Logan High boundaries. Yup, can't wait to "hang" out with my students at ward activities. My colleagues were making fun of me today--that they might as well just start setting me up with students now. Gross. Another too-close-for-comfort subject came up today when my students asked me what my plans were for the weekend. No, I never tell them what they actually are, because well, that would be weird. I usually just change the subject. Anyhow, they caught me off guard today by asking if I was going to the Sean Kingston dance party at USU tonight (I am), and they could tell I was lying when I said "no." Turns out many of my students are going. I lectured them that they COULD NOT go to campus activities!! And that if I start seeing them around my social circles I will FREAK OUT! One of my favorite students said to me (yes, I have favorites... and so do your parents), "Ms. G, just get married then!" Ha. That got me laughing real good. Yes, Ms. G, why don't I just get married? Good question, Johan (we'll call him "Johan" because... that's his name).
Well, I must grade a few papers now. I just realized I inadvertently ate 600 calories in chocolate cookies just now. In like 5 minutes. That is disgusting, and I will probably throw up at Crossfit today. Shoot.
Oh, and don't worry, I DID Tivo the royal wedding.


8 comments:
i love that skirt. i hope you made me one for my present!! can't wait to meet your students tonight!
that skirt is so dang cute. and your waste is so dang little. I had the same conversation with my students about the sean kingston concert today, except I'm open about the fact that I see us as being the same age and liking/doing the same things. maybe I should start lying. that's a better idea.
Juje, just give it up and hang out with your students! It's inevitable. I agree with Hayley and Nat...the skirt is very cute. I hope you have fun tonight. Let me know how the wedding reception goes!
You are such a great friend to Hayley, thanks for being so kind to her. Happy Birthday to you in five days. Congrats on your new job that is great, but I know Hayley will miss you. I love the skirt too and you are adorable in it. Hope you have a fun filled night with Sean Kingston.
My kids love the Friday song too. The last student who came into my classroom singing that song got the, "Yeeeaah, I would advise you not to sing that in here" talk. He got a good laugh out of the fact that I even knew the song. haha Love your skirt! I wish I could make my own cute clothes! I am with you on NOT wanting to see my students outside the classroom. It always makes me feel awkward. Luckily I don't live in the same town so I don't run into them very often. The last student I saw (at the mall) I may or may not have averted my gaze and pretended like I didn't see him. Mean? I guess. But, I am all for separation of school and social life. :)
Yeah, it's weird when social circles collide. Specifically the work and everything-else circles. Those should always be seperated. Unless there's a really cute receptionist.... Whoa, never mind.
So, the "word verification" that I have to type so that blogger will let me post this comments is: "popsin". Weird. Pop sin.
Angsty is my very favorite word. And I like that skirt, so I don't know what you are thinking. Make me one??? I need it for when I go off to be a mistress to a very chiseled man with a pirate shirt.
Juje, when you said 'we'll call him "Johan" because... that's his name' I cracked up! You're 'blog is hilariously good fun! Keep it up!
Post a Comment