Tuesday, October 18, 2011

One Helluva Woman

Today has been one of those days.

I swore at my 4th period class under my breath. Only a few students heard me, but still. I rarely swear. Rarely, as in never. Mostly never. But this class deserves a few "hell"s and "damn"s. I had this conversation over text messaging just last week:

Me: "What would happen if I killed my 4th period class?"
Dan: "You would probably be on the news and be famous. And you wouldn't ever have to teach again. That actually sounds pretty good."
Me: "I'm convinced then. See ya on Prison Break."

I then began to text about my prison life with Michael Scofield as my cell-mate. Mmmmmmhmm.

So yeah, my 4th period is that bad. They were on one today, and I was NOT in the mood to deal. After school I had 42 errands to run before I head up north for Hayley's wedding tomorrow right after school and leave my classes in the hands of a sub. I was picking up some apples that Walmart had so graciously donated to Dixie High for the Sadie Hawkins dance this Saturday (oh don't worry, I'm just in co-charge of that shindig is all...). The apple ordeal turned into such a nightmare and ended up taking me TWO HOURS. So many hoops to jump through. I miss quaint little grocery stores that would have just handed me a box or two of apples and said, "here." By this time my feet were killing me, and I could feel the tired trickling down my face into my toes. I got to my car and noticed that my bumper had partially fallen off. Cool. I loaded the apples and tried to find a solution. My car is NOT equipped with tools at all. If I ever get a flat tire, I'm screwed. However, my dad is a fix-it kind of man and some of it rubbed off on me. I got on my hands and knees (in my dress and boots, I might add) and started to jerry-rig the thing back on my car. Who needs a man--I AM one! Oh don't worry, three real men walked by me as I was crouched down on the asphalt in my dress. THREE. Not one stopped to see if I needed any help. Well, walk on by, boys. I don't need you.

I got me a pepsi on the way home. I wish I could just crawl in bed, watch some mindless tv, and eat 500 cookies from Paradise Cafe (those cookies are like CRACK, I tell you!). But my to-do list is calling my name, so away I go.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Dang. Some people complain of a bad day when they have to wait in line for a few minutes or something like that. I think you win. Good luck with everything.

Javan and Heather Bowles said...

Urg! I hate those days that just don't go right! I had an "everything went wrong today" Monday. Stupid boys need to learn how to be gentlemen and take care of girls. Your schedule is insane. You are my hero for being alive right now! Some days students drive me crazy. I have a few students you can add to your hit list. ;) You are one helluva woman. Seriously. p.s. I love the whole getting married at 28 post you did too. hahaha I totally remember having those discussions with you and Dan. Good memories! I am glad you celebrated. I love the pictures of you two riding that awesome bike. Okay, really. Here is the end of this long comment.

sara soda said...

Darn kids! I would never have had the nerve to be disrespectful to a teacher. Sounds like you need your ol' friend Sara Raps Knuckles With Rulers to come and visit.

Lolene said...

Oh, Jujie...this post made me LAUGH! I think any teacher can relate! Way to be my strong, independent woman..."I am woman, hear me roar..." (Helen Reddy song lyrics which you are too young to remember!)