Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stop Burbling, Charles

I am on another Nickel Creek kick right now. I am loving "Doubting Thomas." Give it a listen. Amazing.

What will be left when I've drawn my last breath,
Besides the folks I've met and the folks who know me,
Will I discover a soul saving love,
Or just the dirt above and below me,

I'm a doubting thomas,
I took a promise,
But I do not feel safe,
Oh me of little faith,

Sometimes I pray for a slap in the face,
Then I beg to be spared 'cause I'm a coward,
If there's a master of death I'll bet he's holding his breath,
As I show the blind and tell the deaf about his power,
I'm a doubting thomas,
I can't keep my promises,
'Cause i don't know what's safe,
oh me of little faith

Can I be used to help others find truth,
When I'm scared I'll find proof that its a lie,
Can I be lead down a trail dropping bread crumbs,
That prove I'm not ready to die,

Please give me time to decipher the signs,
Please forgive me for time that I've wasted,

I'm a doubting thomas,
I'll take your promise,
Though I know nothin's safe,
Oh me of little faith


I don't know why that song hits me so hard.

Went to a Bob Dylan tribute concert last night. Willy played. It was great. I love having a hoot-nanny good time.

After the concert, Willy and I jammed out at the Gnome Home. I adore listening to Willy and singing with him. What fun. I'm dying to get back into the music scene. I pulled out my violin today and played. If felt so wonderful, but I sounded so awful. I hate that I've lost so much since I took lessons with Bonnie. Sigh. I would love to get back into lessons. I'm also so jealous of my mom and two brothers. They are in a really amazing auditioned community choir in St. George. I would love to find something like that in Logan. I really miss singing in a great choir.

I did not do ANY homework this weekend. Zilch. I was so stressed with my Chem test last week that I just couldn't make myself bring out any homework. I pretty much just chilled all weekend. It was wonderful. I got 80% on the multiple choice portion and I'm pretty sure I nailed the 20 amino acids we had to memorize so my score might even be going up. This was a huge relief since I bombed my last test. I think I may pass this class after all.

No clear spring break plans as of yet. Cruise fell through. Mexico isn't happening. Cali not happening. Sigh. I'm up for a week of Zion and H town. I love my home town. Welp, thats all. So.

3 comments:

Bean said...

You should play your violin more often. I know what you mean when you miss playing stuff. I miss being in a musical group too. At least in NJ I sang in 2 groups. You'd better not let your musical talent go to waste. You are so unbelievably talented girly!

I had so much fun with your visit here. I only wish it was longer.

Anonymous said...

Well... you should come to DC for spring break. Can I tell you how much dang fun it would be?? SO MUCH. I'd take you sight seeing and on a VIP tour of the capitol and congressional buildings and things. And we'd see all the monuments and sights to see. Oh yes, yes, yes we would.

Kimber said...

Yeah...I understand about the whole vegging out for the weekend thing. I watched that dumb Top Model show for 6 hours straight!!!!! No joke. I will not be the same brain-active girl you once knew by the time you see me again.