Yes, I'm on a Harry Potter kick. Before HP 7.2 came out, ABC family had an HP marathon on TV, and I watched quite a few. Then of course I SAW HP 7.2. I can't say it left me feeling satisfied. Not by any fault of J.K. Rowling or the film-makers. It's just that I really don't want it to be all the way over. Harry Potter has been a part of my life since Elementary. Bah. Nothing will ever be that good ever again. I even tivo-ed a lifetime movie supposedly about J.K. Rowling's life. Not sure it's in any way accurate, but I enjoyed it. Anywho, there's another HP marathon on TV, and I am again sucked in. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone to be exact. For the three people in the whole world that don't know the story, Harry stumbles upon a mirror one night, the Mirror of Erised. When looking in this mirror, you will see your heart's greatest desire. For Harry, he sees his deceased mother and father. For Ron, he sees himself as Head Boy and Quidditch Captain. So this is the question I ask you, what would you see if you had the chance to look into the Mirror of Erised?
I might see this:
Mmmmm... my favorite concoction at Twizl Berry (yes, it's my favorite fro-yo place, even though it's spelled ridiculously): 1/3 classic chocolate, 1/3 plain, and 1/3 pomegranate topped with gummy bears (because I'm 7), those weird juice-filled balls that pop in your mouth, the even weirder (and most delicious) white marshmallowy things (that aren't really marshmallows at all), and strawberries to make me feel healthy. Perfection.
Or, I might see this:
(because I loooooooooove a million dollars).
Mmkay, let's get real for a minute (not saying that I don't want some fro-yo AND a million dolla dolla bills).
If I looked into the Mirror of Erised, I would see a family. I have always wanted lots of kids, and that is something that has never changed, even with my age. My neighborhood in Logan is full of young families, and it is so fun to see the streets busting with kids during summer. Today (since it's the 24th of July weekend) was out of control. My neighbor's back yard was what I dream for someday. A big BBQ with outdoor games and kids running rampant. Someday that will be me. I will have my own home with a beautiful yard where my 42 kids will learn the value of hard work. Where we will play and watch the stars on summer nights. I guess I can throw a man into the mix since I'll need one to help make my legion of babies. So yes, I would see a family. I would hope to see a man and woman as deeply in love as my parents are. A plethora of children, each one with a unique personality and the ability to raise some hell.
That is the picture that I would see if I looked into the Mirror of Erised. It's what my heart most desires. You?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Loved this! Your heart is so in the right place. There is nothing more sweet than a family. It will happen for you. I loved your DC pictures, looks like you had a great trip.
Julianne, I love that you're not afraid to admit you want a big family. Or a family at all. It seems like you're looked down upon in society if you want a family, but I agree with you. There's nothing better. Our own families are proof of that.
love this.
One question: did you mean "deceased" when you typed "diseased"?
new post please. thanks.
Post a Comment