My day has been frantic.
I walked into the teacher work room this morning to find the copy machine (my best friend these days) in a very sorry state. The sorriest of states one can be in.
Dead.
The copy machine was dead. Apparently the copy machine wasn't only my best friend, because she was draped in mourning this morning. Someone had set out the gnome that usually resides inside the copy machine (one of the reasons we were kindred spirits) and placed funeral flowers near her side. Soft music (very melancholic) was playing in the background. I do not kid. Taped to her was this message:
Dear everyone,
It is with a heavy heart and feigned sadness that we report
the death of Xerox 4595. She apparently died Wednesday morning 21
September 2011 while in her sleep mode. The cause of death was listed
as Motherboarditis, and was officially pronounced that afternoon by
Xerox technician Brett Sykes. Xerox 4595’s motherboard simply gave
out. Was it from that last batch of 30-page packets? Or was it the
single sheet letter of recommendation? No one will ever know.
A semi-casual wake will be held in her honor until her
resurrection day. We are told this blessed event would be in “several
days.” Xerox 4595’s new motherboard was ordered, and now everyone
invested will have to wait until it arrives and can be installed by
technician Sykes.
The sad reality of her death and planned-for resurrection is
the loss of all her stored data. This means that each computer that
used to reach out and print to her will have to have the necessary
information re-installed. And this is cause for unfeigned sadness.
If you would like to come down and pay your respects, Xerox 4595 is
lying in state in the workroom.
May we all be patient at this most difficult time.
Blog world, I'm back (well, trying).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Haha! I love it. :) Someone is extremely creative. Also, I'm very glad you're back (I blog stalk you and have been very put out that it has been so long). I've missed your clever posts. I was just coming to your blog to tell you that it is high time you posted again.
AH! I love it. People are so funny.
how did you end up working somewhere with people who love gnomes? what are the odds! alright, alright I'll post soon. tomorrow! but don't quote me on that.
I hate it when the copy machines are out (which happens quite frequently at my school). Sorry that made for a hectic Friday, but I am glad that someone at least had a good sense of humor about it! Sounds like you work with some fun people! :)
Post a Comment