Sunday, September 25, 2011

St. Jeezy

I know.

I moved to St. George in July. End of July. And I STILL haven't blogged about it and life in general. For a while I was waiting on some pictures (from you, Hayley!) to blog about my last summer in Logan. And then the blogs in my head just started piling up. The task became daunting and very unappealing. Minus the fact that I have oh, about NO spare time (and when I do, you better believe I crawl in my bed and watch some delightfully trashy TV. I miss The Hills).

I do want to show you how cute my house is.




This is my cottage-of-a-house that I live in on N. Main St. I adore the part of town I live in. I'm walking distance from everywhere awesome. My house has real wood floors that creak like crazy along with some pretty cool architecture in the front room. My room looked terrible before I moved in. The walls were nast. Here are some before pics:



This is after I painted the walls with a buttery, sunshine color:



I got this sweet bed from a lady I found on craigslist (It was her grandmother's). It was a little nasty, so I painted it antique white. Cute, no?

I also repainted my black/silver desk to look like this:






I then had to recover my chair.

AND get new bedding since I upgraded to a double size. Ah yeah.


Here is the finished result (along with my cute parents and Chien Po)










I love living in my house, and my room is so light and inviting. I better not have to move again for a while.

Random little snippet. One of the blogs I wanted to post about was my ProStart conference in the summer (so fantastic). I'm too lazy to talk about it now, but I do want to share this lovely picture:


Yes, I can fabricate a whole chicken! We also had a cooking competition during the conference that was pretty intense (an hour to come up with and prepare the menu from items in the room--mystery ingredient: chicken). Here's a picture of my group's appetizer, dinner and dessert. We made an arugula salad with a mangosteen vinaigrette and champagne grapes, chicken with some delicious wild rice and steamed vegetables with a raspberry-kumquat sauce, and a mangosteen custard/tart that was completely made up on the fly (it turned out quite delicious). Doesn't it all look so pretty (the tart, not so much, but the flavor was there).




Alright, enough tangent.

So, do I like living in St. George you ask? The town is actually quite charming. I've been hitting up ALL the townsy events (sigh, Peach Days in Hurricane and my sisters visiting from Colorado deserve their own post, but I won't lie, it aint gonna happen, and I don't have pictures) like a fab rodeo, live music at ancestor square, the corn fest, swiss days, movie in the park etc. It's a little sad because I go to most of these events by myself since I have 3 friends besides my family. You know who you are. However, I'm starting to make a few more in my ward, including a new tennis buddy. (Another sidenote: got a new racket! Holla!)

I have 3 roommates. One of whom is 1 out of my 3 friends. The other two are nice, but I really don't see them often. I'm in the RS presidency in my ward, the FCCLA adviser at school, and I'm working more than full time (I teach an extra class) teaching a total of: Child Development, Financial Literacy, Foods I, Foods II, and ProStart. My life is a little insane right now, but that's ok. If you're in St. George, let's hang out, please. I like talking to people other than high school students.

Ok, one more random picture. Stole these from my brother on facebook.

Met this awesome British man and his wife at the Peach Days parade. He has a parrot and takes it for walks all the time. He let me hold her! She won't let just anyone near her (Lols had to back away...haha), so I was very flattered.


Ok, that's all for now. And that's literally all the pictures I have from the past 2-3 months. Sad. See what happens when I don't live with Riana or Mckay?

P.S. Can I just say, "Welcome back, fall TV! Parks and Rec, how I've missed you!"

6 comments:

Nat said...

yay we both blogged! two of my family members called to tell me they sat by you at the women's conference-you must have made quite the impression. and I agree about missing riana's and mckay's photography. I hate taking my own pictures.

sandrab said...

I love this post! I might be a little stalkerish, but it's fun to spy on your life and hear how you are doing in St. Drizzle. I can't believe how many classes you teach! I teach one, and I'm part time! I am bored on my days off! I want to be full time.

If I'm ever in St. George I'll let you know. I too am facing the friend numbers dwindle. And Jr. Highers are worse than high school students. And ah ya, I moved back in with my parents! You're house is super cute and I love what you did with your room. I LOVE that desk!

Kimber said...

I'm totally going to have you come help me decorate/refurbish my house if ever I have one. Cool post!

Claire said...

I love your house. It's so very cottage-y. And I love that you live on Main Street. I always thought Main Street addresses were a lot cuter than normal ones. It has character, you know?
I agree with Kimber. I think I'll need you to come give me ideas on how to decorate our house when we get to that point (in like 20 years). :)

McKayJoice said...

Ooooh Kay, I did read this, but I missed that top picture, your house is so dang cute.

Oh man, it was so good to see you. I miss ya Juje.

Melissa said...

love your house! melissa ballard scott just bought a house in SG on main st! you should have a conversation about it.